Chef Joe Scully’s Mom’s Sauteed Kidneys Trifolati Recipe
- 5 lbs calves kidneys
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Anchovies, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 x salt and pepper
- Cooked Egg noodles for a side
1) Cover the kidneys with cool water add in the vinegar and leave to stand for at least 30 min.
2) Drain, cut out the core and thinly slice the kidneys.
3) Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan.
4) Add in the garlic and kidneys and fry briskly stirring constantly for 2 min.
5) Add in the parsley, anchovy, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Cook stirring for 1 to 2 min till the kidneys are tender but juicy.
Serve immediately over buttered warm egg noodles.
Thanks, Joe and Joe’s Mom!
You can listen to the current and past episodes of AVL Food Fans at www.avlfoodfans.com where you can also download it. It is available for free from the iTunes store as well. Thanks as always to our Producer Matt from ZaPow studios, as well as WPVM 103.7 The Voice, who rebroadcast our show every Friday at 5pm, and of course, our underwriters, Chestnut, The Corner Kitchen, and Corner Kitchen Catering. And thanks to our listeners! As of October 20th, 2015 we’ve had 3,838 listens, which is an average of 425+ per show! That’s great, we appreciate you guys very much!
Stu Helm is an artist, writer, and podcaster living in Asheville, NC, and a frequent diner at local restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and the like. His tastes run from hot dogs and mac ‘n’ cheese, to haute cuisine, and his opinions are based on a lifetime of eating out. He began writing about food strictly to amuse his friends on Facebook.